Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Negotiations

That is what I’ve done all day…first with myself over which car to buy. I narrowed it down to two on the lot, and then drove each one home. Put it in the garage to see how it fit, and drove it around the neighborhood to see how it handled. Took it to Pop and Arden to get their opinions and took it to the hospital for John to look at.

In the end I decided that the Edge's light color dash which reflected horribly on the windshield and the higher mileage (10,000 more) and additional year in age came in second.

I went for a 2008 Taurus X and then negotiated the price, additional warranty and anything else I could possibly negotiate. But honestly, what really won me over on this car was that I could easily fit all of my retreat gear (tables, numerous suitcases and boxes and who knows what else) in the back and still have seating for four people.

AFTER I had signed on the dotted line I found out more good stuff. It was automatic climate control, meaning I can have my side set at 72 and the passenger can have her side set at 62, and even the two back seats can set their own temperatures. I’m still waiting for the wall to come up and separate the four different climate areas to keep the temperatures from mixing.

It may be a month before I get my vanity tags on this one, so don’t look for Delaware Quilts on the road for a while… but it will return!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge