Monday, August 02, 2010

What I am working on….

I don’t have a design wall, so you will just have to imagine my items… but I promise to show photos when I am finished. I’m working on miniatures for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI). I have several ready, almost, just hand work left which I plan to do on vacation. But I am not happy with the number I have, so I’m frantically making more.

I have a lot of diagonal half squares left over from making some quilt recently, I think they are from my Any Size You Want quilt, so I am squaring them down to a common size. If I had been smart I would have done this when I made them, but I wasn’t planning on using them so I didn’t so I made the job harder on myself. Regardless I have a terrific collection of a variety of DHSs which I plan to make into blocks and then use some way or another.

My main thought so far is a sampler type mini, although I just might change my mind… when I get a few blocks done I will show you. But I’m not going to get anything done sitting her… so off to sew I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge