Thursday, December 08, 2011

Changes

Thanks to everyone who have sent well wishes and prayers.  I can happily report that Arden has finally made a turn for the better.  On Tuesday they reduced her sedation level and yesterday they took her off the ventilator.  Last night they wanted her to sleep with a C-Pap mask, but she fought it so went without.  Regardless she made it through the night safely. 

Today they cleaned her up and got her out of bed for the first time since she went in to the hospital for a knee cleaning on the 22nd.  She is still in ICU and may go straight to rehab from there, but only time will tell.

We cancelled our trip to Disney for my birthday, there was no way even Disney could distract us from what was going on here at home, so we’ll save that trip for another time.  I’ve been doing some mindless sewing to distract me from the hospital and have made some progress.  I finished that project that I can’t talk about, and I’ve made one of my charity quilts for January.  Well the top is done, maybe I will quilt it today, since my head is a little straighter and I can concentrate on what I am doing…. I put a whole row of the secret project together bass aackwards.

I will try to get back to a more normal self now… but still have my heart with Arden and family 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge