Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Flowers in my garden

Let me start by saying that I am NOT a gardener.   Not even close to one anymore thanks to arthritis.  I don’t have the strength in my hands to pull weeds or dig things up or pretty much anything.  (There are days I can’t type too but I can’t always blame the fingers for that!)

But we have a lovely garden occasionally mostly thanks to many people who have shared with us.  Today while I was out getting my 15 minutes of sunshine I snapped these photos of flowers currently blooming. 


The Columbine came to me from a friend in Tennessee.  She sent me an envelope of seeds and told me to spread them around the yard where they could grow.  I have them in the shade, in the sun, under trees (like these in the crepe myrtle) and almost everywhere.  Every year they produce more seeds which I spread around with hopes of more flowers and they rarely fail to grow. 


And these yellow Iris came from a local friend.  They were trying to get rid of some of their Iris and I said I’d gladly take some.  I came home from grocery shopping one day to find five large boxes of Iris tubers to plant.  Not knowing what colors I had, I just planted them and waited for them to bloom.  I have a rainbow of colors that keep on blooming year after year.  Yellow is always the first to bloom.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge