Saturday, February 13, 2010

I went out….

Can’t call me a recluse any more, I left the house, went out in public, and had a good time too. John and I had our Valentines dinner a day early, hoping to avoid the crowds.

We didn’t go the route we would have normally, since the roads are so bad. We went the long way around, and I was shocked at the road conditions. We went the better way, and that was AWFUL. There are places where the snow has drifted across the road and it is barely one lane wide. In several places we had to wait for oncoming traffic before we could go forward. And that was on a major road, an emergency route even, and it was in that condition.

Side streets are awful. Our road is considered a side street, and it is in much better shape than a lot we passed. The main road, Route One, is one lane short in some places because of the snow piles, and some right and left hand turning lanes are buried under mounds of snow. John has a higher F150 than normal, and there were places where we could not see over the center mounds of snow.

The entrance to Outback was one lane, and we were lucky coming and going that no one was coming in the other direction. Our meal was delicious, and there was no wait and quick service, so we were glad we went a day early.

Now the rest of the story… I don’t want to have to go anywhere in John’s truck again, although I know I will have to. He had to help me get in, since I can’t bend my leg and it was impossible for me to do it on my own. Getting out was easy, no bending necessary. Sitting at the table hurt like HE-double-hockey-sticks and since I couldn’t bend my knee much, it got knocked and kicked several times. Getting back up was an embarrassment, John had to almost pull me up, and then I had to get back in the truck again, and he had to help me get up the three steps to the house.

Nope, I’m staying home until I go to the Doctors office and then he’d better be ready to do something or I just might have to sit there until he does…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge