Thursday, September 09, 2010

A special dinner out

Today is Aunt Sheryl’s birthday, and I was honored and please beyond explanation to be included in her dinner out celebration. Today she turned 81, she even remembered it was her birthday and how old she was. She confided in me it was one of the few things she still remembered.

After a delightful dinner out, just Sheryl, John and I, I was invited to come see her new place. “It’s quite small but cozy and I want you to meet my kitties.” I’d been there, but it was empty the last time I saw it. And I knew her kitties but that she forgot.

She delighted in showing me around and introducing me to the kitties. And then she said “Oh but you remember them don’t you, I forgot you'd met them before.”

There is so much she forgets but what is important is that she remembers me and that she knows how much I love her…. She told me that.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely that you got to share this day with Aunt Sheryl - I'm so happy for you

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge