Sunday, November 07, 2010

Market and Festival

I did not make it to market this year, it’s been quite a few years since I’ve been really. However I was there in heart and in spirit in many ways.

First and most importantly, I had five of my own quilts there and a total to 30 quilts which were representing Delaware Quilts. They were the 30 which I sent to Ami Simms and The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. I don’t know and I don’t know if I ever will know how much money they raised for AAQI, but every dollar counts and I feel I helped in a wee way.

Second and most importantly I had a friend I’ve never met there, but a really nice guy. I’m sure he never thought of me the whole time he was there, well maybe once, but he was there representing me, and seeing things for me. I just read PART of his report on the Festival and it sounds like he had a great time. Somehow I missed that his wife had not one but TWO quilts there, amazingly wonderful. Any husband who didn’t allow a wife with a quilt in the festival to attend should be tarred and feathered….but Art made good on that, and even went along.

The PART I am waiting for… photos. Yes he handed out cards but so far no report on how many, nor have I had one photo arrive in my in box. (I did see ONE on line though, thanks!!) I promised to pay for photos of quilters with Art… surely someone saw him and snapped a photo. (I got three photos of friends with Ty Pennington, LOL!)

Yes, I had other quilting friends attend Market and Festival this year for me. One was even carrying around a Delaware Quilts T-shirt to hand to the IBOL guy if she saw him. But she never did. Another friend went to Market for her shop, and sent me some terrific recommendations for things I have to have for the retreats and Delaware Quilts… I’m waiting for the samples to arrive in the mail. And another Festival virgin was there and called me at least ten times a day telling me what she was seeing… I’m glad you had a great time Ginny.

Know what, I’m worn out and I didn’t even go, but am so glad that all of my friends who did go had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge