Monday, January 31, 2011

One Million!

I was doing the monthly updates on my web site this morning and realized something, something very special… at some time in the month of January I had my one millionth visitor. One million! WOW.. I wish I knew who that individual was, but I wasn’t keeping track and there isn’t any way for me to know now.
When I set up the web site it was my way of telling the first group of retreaters what was going to happen and after that first fateful retreat, showing all the photos. That web site was on GeoCities, remember them? Sadly I lost all of those first retreat photo somewhere along the way, but still have the memories.

The first year the web site was mostly visited by ladies who were either going to the retreats, or who wanted to see what they had missed. In 1999 someone suggested I do a block of the month and I didn’t think I could manage that… so I did an Block of every other month..

And now one million people have visited Delaware Quilts… thanks to each and every one of you!

PS. I was thinking one million in 15 years, but John pointed out to me that was one million since I moved to the current server, which is just a little over eight years .... so now I have a bigger wow than before and a bigger thank you to everyone who made it happen!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Marge. What a milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:06 AM

    Woo Hoo, that is cause to celebrate! Congrats! - Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge