Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Questions

I didn’t expect people to join in with me, but sure enough there are those who want more details.

“How wide are you cutting your strips?” Random widths and about 12 inches long.

“Are you using paper or muslin foundations?” Neither. Since I am making string squares all the same length about, I am skipping the foundations. Although that would make the quilt warmer, but I’ve already started so too late now. And besides, it might end up being a summer quilt.

“Are you following any pattern?” I am doing a light then dark strip. Or if you mean any quilt pattern such as “String Quilts” not really. I guess I’ll make it up as I go along.

Step one, cut fabrics into various strip widths from 1 1/2 inches to 2 1/2. Keep it random. Step two, cut your strips into 12 inch lengths. Step three, sew them together alternating light and dark until your unit is about 12 inches wide. I sewed a whole bunch of strips into pairs, then sewed them together into a unit and then those into a larger unit. It will depend on how wide the strips are as to how many are in a square.

And that’s as far as I’ve gotten today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge