Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Retreat report

A couple of people have asked me to make a report on the November Retreat and I’ve even had a few phone calls asking about it… so here’s my report.

First, my problems.  I had a flare up of polymyalgia and another annoying problem which just made things more complicated…. I wasn’t allowed to drive.  So my dear husband drove me up to my son’s in Newark, and my dear son picked up my friend Anne from the airport and brought her to his home, and then she drove me to Lancaster for the retreat.  I had a great nurse Cindy on duty the whole retreat and Anne did a pretty darn good job of taking care of me too.  They, along with all the retreaters and the hotel staff made darn sure I was doing OK, and I did!

The retreat was a very special one, the 15th November retreat.  There were three of us who are still original retreaters, Candy, Mariann and myself, all still retreating after all these years.  There were also two retreaters who have attended 14 retreats, one ten, one eight and a total of 153 retreats for the whole bunch of us.  There were seven ladies who were attending their very first retreat, but you could hardly tell…. They fit right in like they’d been retreating for years.

I’m sad to say we didn’t do much project wise; my early bedtime sort of spoiled that.  However some of the ladies made pinwheels, and I finished one pinwheel quilt which I turned over to Candy for the shops charity.  There was a lot of other quilting done and even a few projects were finished.  And of course shopping, everyone contributed greatly to the local economy. 
There were three sisters in attendance, Candy, Cindy and Dawn and six other sisters were sort of there too, Deby, Pat, Cheri, Geri, Tesa and Cheryle.  It was funny for me to keep running into family at the retreat, and I’m glad they got to see I do have another life other than Relay. 

We had a celebration dinner, raised over $300 for Relay For Life, had a fun Pollyanna and then it was all over.  Everyone’s signed up to come back again next year, along with the missing few and a few others, we’ll have a full house next year, but I bet it will be another year of fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge