Monday, August 17, 2009

Moderating comments

I never thought it would come to this, but after a warning from another Blogger and quilter friend, I am now moderating the comments people make here. Apparently some smartie has figured out a way to spam blogs, by making multiple comments with links to his/her site. … and when I look I find that sure enough I have one, no three such comments from a susana who probably isn’t a real person anyway. I did think it was strange “she” left the same comment three times, LOL! Thank goodness I didn’t get the hundreds of comments like my friend did….

Interestingly, most of the comments I get on my blogs come from real people I know, either in person or for many years as internet friends who I have not had the privilege of meeting yet. And most of the comments usually come to one of my many (way too many) email addresses. Sometimes it is from someone I haven’t emailed or talked to in a long time, and after her comment we get into an email dialog, or if I happen to know this person’s phone number, I’ll pick up the phone and call her. I like the Blog for that reason, it helps keep me in touch with people.

When I started this it was new, well ok.. new to me… I know I signed up for a Blog when people starting talking about them, just to see what it was, and then decided I didn’t need it, until months later when another conversation came up about Blogs and I decided I should do something with mine. I decided it should be just thoughts, ramblings of mine, and that’s pretty much what it is. I’ve visited lots of other quilting Blogs, and see that some people use them to teach, some to share ideas, some to share photos… I do all of that, well maybe not here on the blog, but on the internet for sure.

And recently someone suggested that I do a mystery on my blog, since I like giving mysteries on line. I have a Yahoo Group, Mysteries For Relay, where I do mysteries in exchange for donations. For that reason I probably won’t do one on here… but who knows, I might start adding some of my favorite tips. One thing I know I will do again sometime… another FUNdraising Fabric Giveaway. Maybe not batiks, but something very nice. So far this month I’ve raised $487 towards Relay 2009. Thanks to everyone who has donated, and I’ve added some more batiks to that box!

And Relay 2010 starts September 1st!

1 comment:

  1. Cannot believe that people have nothing better to do with their time Marge. What a pain for you. Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge