Monday, February 10, 2014

50 years

Last night we wore out the TV remote, going back and forth between the Beatles and the Olympics.  I was actually recording both, but had to watch.  50 years ago the Beatles were on the Ed Sullivan Show… everyone knows that.  I was 15. 

A few months before that night I had named my newest brother Paul… I wanted to call him Ringo but the so called adults in my life didn’t agree with that. 

Right before Christmas vacation I had bought my very first record ever, in the middle of English class from a classmate, with every single bit of money I had to my name ($1.00) and it was a Beatles 45…  “I Want to Hold Your Hand”

I can tell you where I was, and what was happening in my life, but it’s a very very long story.  I was just 15 years old and had just become the “lady of the house” 

And I loved the Beatles.  I don’t think I realized what was going on around me… all I cared about were the Beatles…. 

50 years, some nights it seems like yesterday. 

1 comment:

  1. I was wearing out my remote too! And, I will never forget watching the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show. This was the first record I bought. I was almost 12 yrs old.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge