Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Empty nest, again…



Over the summer one of the boys moved home again. I enjoyed having him, it was nice not having leftovers in the frig, and running out of milk instead of dumping it down the drain because it was sour. He I enjoyed… his stuff I’m not real sure about. Let me explain about his stuff… he collects fish and corals, more corals than fish actually. And it seems that they all need their own tanks, this one doesn’t get along with that one, and this one needs more light than that one, and if we put this fish in that tank it will eat that coral…. And all that meant that we have a billion tanks all over the house. OK, I exaggerate a little.. we only had eight tanks, in one room. And another two in another room. And I’m not even sure how many are in a closed closet upstairs, being quarantined from day light to kill green hair algae. I’m impressed I remember why it is in the closet. And I am wondering when it will come out..
And do you know how much other stuff there is to maintain all of that stuff… I can tell you. A garage full. So full that there is barely a path to walk through the garage. And my car, well it hasn’t seen the inside of our garage all summer.

Well summer passed and school has started so he had to move back upstate. He decided he needed a “real” apartment this year, not on campus, and not in a basement. He wanted a real place for him and his stuff (and a certain female too, which is fine by me, I like her lots, and she takes care of him… he’d better take care of her too!) After much trauma, not from me, it is all mostly gone now. Notice I said mostly… all of the billion tanks, except the ones in the closet and one in the living room, and two on the back porch, all with creatures of one kind or another in them are still here. And there are several, too many for me to count, still in the garage… and for some strange reason there is still just barely a path to walk through the garage… strange…

Sigh…..

1 comment:

  1. I told one of my boyz that he had strange habits and my lovely DH told me that he inherited all of those habits from me!
    Gotta love those girls who take care of our boys!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge