Saturday, September 27, 2014

Facebook whine.. again

Sometimes it really hurts not to be able to say what I really want to say on facebook.  Why can’t I?  Because I strongly feel that what I believe is my belief and I shouldn’t push it on someone else unless they ask.  Same thing with my political beliefs, yes I have political beliefs.  But if I say something that offends someone it costs me.  It sometimes costs me a friend which is the most valuable thing in the world to me.  My political or religious beliefs are not worth losing a friend over.  And there have been occasions that it’s cost me money, retreat money and even more importantly Relay donations.  

So how do I handle keeping my mouth shut when everyone else is posting things that REALLY upset me… I unfollow them.  And as the elections draw closer I know for a fact I will be unfollowing an awful lot of stupidly opinionated people. 

And that’s all I’m going to say about that.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, Marge. I have even had to unfollow my sister and sister-in-law! I am so tempted to post things on Facebook , but what is the purpose? I get so upset and I don't need that at this time in my life. I don't mind that people have different opinions......or beliefs......what bothers me is the hate that permeates this country now. Oh, geez; here I go again. Sorry. This too shall pass; but it will take a major shift in attitudes!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge