Tuesday, September 11, 2007

LONG week….

Yesterday was the beginning of a long week… and a long day. I drove from home to California. No, not the state, California Maryland, but it was still a long drive. I was over there for a trunk show, which I think went well, and I hope the ladies who attended did also. Honestly it was hard to read most of them.

But it was certainly a HOT trip. I think the humidity was thicker than any humidity I have ever experienced in my long life. The air was so thick you could feel it smothering you. Sure I didn’t have to be out in it long, and yes, I had help unloading and reloading my car, part of the time… However I was advised not to leave any luggage in the back of my Explorer, so I had to lug my HUGE duffle bags out of the car, drag them up to my room and then back again. When I was done unloading the car last night I was drenched in sweat, and yes it was sweat, stinky smelly girly sweat. A shower never felt so good in my life… well except for maybe that time I had to defrost after a wet cold day at the Magic Kingdom a few years back.

I hoped this morning would be cooler, or at least less humid. But it wasn’t, and loading all the luggage back into the car was almost as bad as unloading it the night before. I was smart and saved my fresh clothes for after I had loaded the heavy stuff. Another shower for the record books. And I won’t even go into why it took me 5 ½ hours to get home. Just know that I made it… and when I got home it was pouring, and it reminded me of when I loaded the car in the morning, only the water was coming down and just not sitting in the air for me to walk into.

So I’m home now, for 40 (+/-) hours then off again for the first retreat of the season. Will be an interesting one, Happy Scrappy Quilt Camp …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge