Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Fall Retreat time again!

I am getting ready for my first fall retreat of the year, something I have done for the last 11 years. I remember fondly that first retreat, and how terrified I was the closer it got. I was meeting 32 perfect strangers from all around US and one all the way from Spain. Would these ladies like all the work I had done to make this happen, would they complain and say horrible things about the weekend and would I lose my shirt paying for all that was needed?

How was I to know when I started planning in July that the chosen weekend we would have a good old nor'easter and be stranded in the hotel? Thankfully the hotel was an approved shelter and one with a quilt shop on the ground floor. Those women put up with a lot more than just some nasty weather, and they all had a marvelous time, and many of them came back again to the following retreat, and the one after that and so on….

This retreat will probably go just like that one… There are four ladies coming who I have met before, and only 15 total strangers. And I have learned to fear the strangers less and less; I’ve learned they are just as apprehensive as I am about the whole thing. They don’t know what to expect, and all I have to do is make sure they have a good time, and that’s not hard to do. Each retreat goes about the same, and yet each one is totally different, and each one totally unique.

Who would have ever thought when someone asked me if I could host an internet quilting retreat that it would take over part of my life. Boy am I happy I said yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge