Saturday, September 29, 2007

Relay

I quit my local Relay job. I don’t want to go into the why’s so I’ll just give you the excuse I’m telling most people…. I did it for two years, and I felt it was someone else’s turn now. But that is a lie, I could have done that job for twenty years, and I would have, except …. well I’m not going into it.

However, I believe that it was the best thing for me, because quitting that job had allowed me to broaden my horizons and spread my skills to other events. I have been asked to help with three other Relays already, and I have happily said yes to each one of them. Those three jobs will still not be near as much work as the old job was, and they will be a LOT more enjoyable.

Just incase any of the local Relayers read my blog, which I doubt because I really think I am just writing for me, let me make one thing perfectly clear, I am not quitting the local Relay. I will be there, along with my team mates. This year I will just be a plain old team captain, and I will get to have fun with the rest of you. And I will set my goals high, and with luck and a lot of donations, I may just challenge insure-a-cure, the Quacks, the Miracle Angels and the Lighthouse Lifesavers too… with luck and a prayer!

FYI, I have already raised my $1000, so I will have another Grand Shirt in 2008. Now I will share my money with other team members so they can get one too.

I Relay for my friends. I Relay to celebrate those who are battling cancer now and for those who have battled and won. I Relay in memory of those who battled hard but sadly lost. And I Relay to fight back against cancer the only way I can, by raising money. I am not a scientist and can’t find a cure, so I will try to raise money to help those scientists be funded.

I know that my hard work is worth it, I have friends who have told me how ACS has helped them. If you need help, please let ACS help you.

Having cancer is hard. Finding help shouldn't be.
No matter what you need, the American Cancer Society can help.
1-800-ACS-2345
25 hours a day, 8 days a week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge