Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Scrappy HAPPY Quilt Camp

The first retreat of the season is now history, and I am more than relieved to say it was a good one. I’m not real sure why newcomers make me so nervous, but they do. It seems whenever I have a newbie attending a retreat I am a wreck until I get to know that person… I guess my subconscious is still looking for that internet ax murderer.

This retreat consisted of five different groups, only two ladies I had met before. These two were Red Hat ladies who attended last years retreat http://delawarequilts.com/Retreat/Sept0706/index.html
It was fun seeing them again. Everyone else was a stranger….

There was the West Virginia contingent, (well three from West and one from plain old Virginia), the Connecticut contingent of three, two Pennsylvanian sisters and four ladies from my home state of New Jersey. I held my breath as each group came in and settled down in the conference room….

As usual, things went great, and everyone got along terrifically. Thursday night everyone was trading scraps and sharing information about where those scraps came from. Friday they were all shopping and then back in the sewing room using up all their old scraps, and sharing more. Saturday more sewing, sharing, right down to the instant root beer float party, when one retreater somehow let it slip she’d never had a root beer float… well she’s had one now!



And by Saturday night most of the scraps had turned into lovely quilts, and the strangers were all quilting friends. And not one ax murderer in the crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge