Monday, June 08, 2009

Monday Monday

Monday, monday (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
So good to me (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
Monday mornin, it was all I hoped it would be

To all my friends who have written and called me about not writing, I am writing, just not posting it on here. If you want to know what’s going on, email me and I will send you my daily diary entries… And for all of you, thanks for caring. To the two who just today called with such kind words (and comical too) your words were music to my ears. I know I am doing the right thing, as hard as it is, and your support is greatly appreciated.

So what have I done today… well to start off I am back at the Relaying stuff again. The Serendipity Quilt shop in Dagsboro http://www.serendipityquiltshop.com/ is having an anniversary sale and is donating proceeds from silent auctions and other things to the Delaware Quilts Relay For Life team. Joan and I have been on the phone several times today, sharing ideas, and gathering information on how we can help.

I also spent some time up in my sewing room, that huge mess at the top of the stairs. I cleaned my desk off a little (while on the phone with those special friends) and even found the top of the sewing cabinet, which had been buried under Relay For Life things for the last six weeks or more. Best of all I found blocks which I had made at the Spring Retreat, which will be this weekend’s mystery project on Mysteries For Relay. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MysteriesForRelay/ Now if I can find a place where it is cool, perhaps I’ll set up my little Jenome and finish my mystery project before the mystery begins!

Here’s an interesting bit of information I figured out today… We (John, Mike, Jonathon and I) have been Relaying for 12 years now, beginning in 1998 when we Relayed to thank the community for helping the Music Boosters raise $285,000 to send the bands and choirs to England. Delaware Quilts has had an official Relay For Life team for the last four years and two of those four years we’ve had two teams. All together Delaware Quilts has raised over $30,000 towards the fight against cancer. Thanks to ALL of our supporters and donors. And from me, thanks to ALL of my team members for all you have done to help reach that number. Without you, I could have never done it!
THANKS TEAM!!
HUGS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge