Thursday, June 04, 2009

What am I getting from it?

Last night at our Relay Wrap Up party I was just talking to a friend who asked me why I was doing all this. She asked me point blank what I was getting from it. I couldn’t answer, but I couldn’t stop thinking about her question either.

Let’s see…
I gave up a quilting trip to Texas in April where I would have taught two classes and given three trunk shows, and profited just a little bit for my Relay fundraising.

I have given up quilting almost totally, there isn’t enough time to quilt any more.

I have been away from my own home and slept on her sofa almost as much as I have been home and slept in my own bed.

I am worried sick about things I have no control over, and can do nothing to fix.

What am I getting from it? Worries, sleepless nights, and heartache too painful to even begin to describe.
That’s all…

1 comment:

  1. why are you doing this.....because you are a person of great integrity!!! It's the right thing to do, even though it is full of heartache, and has disrupted your life immensly. Just think of the example you are setting for your wonderful sons, and for all who wait anxiously for your daily post - Marge, your heart is one of the deepest I know, and that is why you are doing this !!!

    Hugs
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge