Saturday, December 10, 2011

I've been sewing

Yes, despite everything going on around me I’ve been sewing.  (No change since the other day sadly)  At first it was just some mindless sewing aka string blocks but when things starting looking better at the hospital I worked on some projects.  Yesterday I picked up a quilt and did some more work on it, can’t say or show what because it’s a secret… but it’s coming along nicely.  (THANKS Jackie!)

I also started on my 2012 projects… yes I said projects. I have a new and hopefully exciting idea for 2012 and I wanted to get a head start on it, so I made my first sample.  I’m going to try to make another one today… well today and the next few days as it takes me about four days total from cutting to finishing the binding.  And if you read between the lines, yes I am quilting them myself…

While I can’t say exactly what is it I am making, I will say that I am using so called ugly fat quarters which were donated at the fall retreats this year.  I separated them, made a pile of graphic patterns and another pile of floral patterns, and am making quilts with them.  The first quilt certainly shows that not one of those fat quarters was ugly when used properly!  I can’t wait for the retreaters to see this quilt!

1 comment:

  1. Hope things begin to get better this week marge, funny how both the good times and the tough times come in groups...its a lot good or a lot tough...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge