Thursday, June 20, 2013

43 years


When I met him it wasn’t exactly love at first sight.  It was more like disappointment.  I’d been waiting for the guy who plays the banjo for two days, and when he finally showed up it was in a station wagon (woodie even) full of girls.  Much later I learned the harem were his sisters and their friends, but even after we took a ride down the road in that woodie, I wasn’t in love, I was barely in like.  But love grew and through trials and tribulations, happiness and sadness, richer and poorer we’ve stuck it out…. 43 years today. 

And I love him more every day.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Love your explanation about the sisters. Sounds like it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! I love your line - "I was barely in like" - but I love your last line even more. Congratulations to you both - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge