Friday, June 28, 2013

Update


Health update first, I’m alive still.  I went to see the rheumatologist this week and she confirmed what I’ve feared for a while now… I am never going to recover from polymyalgia rheumatica.  She said I was “chronic PMR”.  Our goal now is to get me to a dose of prednisone that will keep the pain and misery away and allow me to function as a human being again. 

Quilting update, I am quilting.  Once my prednisone was upped so I could function I finished a top I started on May 4th.  It’s not a big quilt, but I just wasn’t up to sewing at all for all that time.  I finished putting the top together yesterday, now I need to decide on borders… do I want a masculine quilt or a girly quilt?   

Mysteries For Relay update, we’re having a new mystery tomorrow, if you’re interested it will cost you a donation, $5 for one mystery and $30 for a year’s worth.  You may donate at http://main.acsevents.org/goto/MargeGordon   or at http://delawarequilts.com/Relay/index.html  The link to join the group is on the right. 

And now I need to go work on the borders of that quilt… IF I can decide which borders to use.  Decisions decisions.... 

2 comments:

  1. Good and bad news, huh? Finanly an end to the wondering if it is chronic or not. Now to find the right, least amount of prednisone to work for you. Does Humira or any of those biologics work for PMR? My daughter has Psoriatic Arthritis, so I am familiar with the challenges in treating and trying to control auto-immune diseases. My thoughts are with you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this news Marge. Hope you can find the dose of Prednisone that gives you the most relief from your symptoms.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge