Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Two things I love…

I love nativities.  I love the story they tell, and try to always remember that in the craziness of Christmas. 

Many years ago I started collecting miniature nativities, the smaller the better.  I have all kinds, wooden carved, painted and just plain wood. I have stone, ceramic, and even one made from ivory which I bought at a car boot sale in England before it was illegal to own ivory. 

I also love children portraying the nativity, and I have quite a few sets of those in my collection, from a ceramic one I made myself back in the early 70s, to a Fisher Price plastic one and to the one I bought yesterday.

Which brings up another thing I love… Peanuts.  I have loved Charlie Brown and the gang for as long as I remember.  I have many books, old and new, and here and there a few other goodies, a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, many Peanuts’ ornaments and now…    

 Remember the reason for the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge