Monday, March 24, 2014

What to do?

During the 2012 November Retreat I started a Scrappy Trips Around the World quilt with Aunt Grace fabrics.  When I got home I laid the blocks out on my design bed and… well I didn’t like them, not at all, not one tiny bit.  So I stuck them in a bag and there they’ve sat. 


While packing for the retreat last week I found them again but decided not to take them two years in a row.  But what to do with them?  This morning I laid them out on the design bed again and looked at them closer.  I still don’t like them but I can’t waste them. 


I just decided what I’m going to do…  I’m going to take a few rows off each block, and make them a bit smaller, down to 16 patch squares (4 rows of 4 squares). 


And since my main machine is at the shop getting worked on this is the perfect time for some undoing work with Jack the Ripper. 


Once I have them all apart, I’ll sew the pieces I took off into 16 patch blocks also.  And I have a whole bunch of ideas of things to do with those blocks!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge