Monday, March 24, 2014

What to do?

During the 2012 November Retreat I started a Scrappy Trips Around the World quilt with Aunt Grace fabrics.  When I got home I laid the blocks out on my design bed and… well I didn’t like them, not at all, not one tiny bit.  So I stuck them in a bag and there they’ve sat. 


While packing for the retreat last week I found them again but decided not to take them two years in a row.  But what to do with them?  This morning I laid them out on the design bed again and looked at them closer.  I still don’t like them but I can’t waste them. 


I just decided what I’m going to do…  I’m going to take a few rows off each block, and make them a bit smaller, down to 16 patch squares (4 rows of 4 squares). 


And since my main machine is at the shop getting worked on this is the perfect time for some undoing work with Jack the Ripper. 


Once I have them all apart, I’ll sew the pieces I took off into 16 patch blocks also.  And I have a whole bunch of ideas of things to do with those blocks!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge