Thursday, August 14, 2014

Relay For Life




If you know me even the slightest you know that along with quilting another passion of mine is Relay For Life.  For the last 16 of years I’ve been involved with Relay For Life. When we started it was just to say thanks to the community for helping us (Cape Henlopen Music Boosters) raise money to send a whole bunch of kids to England. Little did I know that would change my life in so many different ways. 

Next month the web site John and I started as a way to get messages to East Sussex Relay participants will go off line. As I look over the pictures from that site I see so many people I have learned to love through their involvement with Relay and the community. I am thankful that some of those wonderful people are on facebook so I can stay in touch with them and others are still in the community so I run into them often. 

I also see pictures of people who lost their battle with cancer.

East Sussex Relay may no longer exist, but as I said a long time ago, as long as there is the need for a Relay I will Relay. I’ve moved to a different event and will move again if needed, or I’ll just Relay on line, but I will Relay as long as cancer needs fighting.  We have to find a cure! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge