Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Cards and photos

I haven’t done Christmas cards for a few years now, long story behind the excuse, and I’m not sharing that. This year I might send out a few, who knows… I haven’t really decided myself. But the cards to us are rolling in again, and occasionally I get a guilty twinge thinking I should send replies… so I might do that.

The best part of the cards to me is hearing about people’s lives. Many of the cards we get are from old military friends, and it is fun knowing what their lives are like since we saw them last, some of them more than 30 years ago now.

Anyone who really knows us knows that they can keep up with us on the family pages on my web site. http://delawarequilts.com/Family/ I update that as often as needed, or when ever anything special happens in my little family. Lately that isn’t too often, now that the boys are graduated and on their own… and except for the trip this summer, John and I lead pretty boring lives. And anyone who doesn’t have internet, and I know those people still exist, well….ok, so maybe I should send cards some time.

And the photos… I love getting pictures. It’s nice to see kids all grown up with their own kids, and adults looking old, just like us. But photos can be frustrating too… like getting a picture from someone you know and wondering if you know anyone in the photo at all since you don’t recognize anyone but why would we have gotten it if we didn’t know anyone in there so who is it that we don’t recognize any more?

Oh well… at least I know this gang, Tara, Scott, Jared and baby Devin. I borrowed this from their web site, thanks Scott! (And yes, we got your card, thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge