Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The SOBs were at it again

Yesterday was our Christmas outing, the first outing we’ve had for what seems like years, but it was really just a few months…. We hope not to let that amount of time pass by between outings again. As always it was comical and enjoyable. We went to a new, well new to three of us, quilt shop downstate. The shop is clean, well lit and cute, although so cold I felt refrigerated while looking around. It was warmer outside (65) than it was in the shop. I was ready to go in about five minutes, but had to wait for everyone else to shop so I waited patiently and froze.

I did make a purchase, four yards of darling baby prints, for future baby quilts. I’ve decided to make many of my samples in baby prints, since baby quilts are always needed and sell well. These fabrics are all baby neutrals and prefect for my needs.

After the shop we went to lunch, which was as enjoyable too. The food was good, no great, and we had a nice two hour plus sit to catch up with each other’s lives. And of course we had our present exchange, I got some really nice goodies, and some yummy goodies too.

Here is one of my presents, the photo doesn’t do it justice… it is on a spring and bounces up and down with the slightest little motion, or wildly if you knock it hard. Really cute, thanks Marilyn!

And Charlotte, thanks for the pumpkin roll, we’ve already tested it. I put it in the freezer to save for Christmas, because it would disappear if it wasn’t frozen.

(And thanks to Joan for the pumpkin pie, which is over half gone already. And Alex, your package arrived yesterday, thank you so much. AND to my Secret Santa, who ever you are, your box is here too… we opened it because there was something moving around inside, and well I had to make sure everything was ok… and I found candy and bright beads and all sorts of goodies floating around, as well as some wrapped presents, which are still wrapped!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge