Monday, December 08, 2008

New Tag!

I’ve liked vanity tags since they first came out, and have always gotten one for my vehicle when possible. Delaware has come up with a new tag this year, in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the first state issued license plates. Since it happened to have a black onyx background which went so nicely with my new car, I decided to get one. Of course it says QUILTS, and of course the Delaware is on top, making my new tag say Delaware Quilts. Otherwise I would have stuck with my lighthouse plate.

So now when you see this tag, you will know it is me.

A bit about our plate history…
When John and I got married we lived in NH, and had bought from his Dad a 1960 VW Bug… I don’t know if we kept that plate or not. In 1972 we bought a practically new car, a 1970 Chevy Nova, whose NH tags we still have. When we moved to Virginia in 1974 we got our first vanity tags, JHNMRG or was it JOHNMARG? The rear one was smashed when the Nova was, although I think we have the front one somewhere still. (In a box who knows where, LOL)

We didn’t get vanity tags again until we moved back to VA in 1993, and we got GORDNS. When we moved here we got BETSY for the van, which was her name. (Yes the van’s name) For years I tried to get QUILTS, but it was taken. Every few months I would check with DMV and it was never available. Then one time when I happened to be at DMV, I asked and it was available, so I snapped it up. It wasn’t until the plate arrived I realized it said QUILTS DELAWARE, so I quickly ordered a tag that had the Delaware on top, which is how I ended up with the lighthouse plate. In the garage, and in boxes we have never unpacked, are a lot of our old plates. I wanted to put them on the garage wall, but there isn’t a free wall to put them on. It’s fun to look at them and remember the cars and travels that went with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge