Sunday, December 07, 2008

Done

The sewing room is semi-clean again, I can't say totally, but it's a sewing room and never will be completely clean, if I do any sewing that is. With all the projects I have in the works, also called WIPs, and all the quilts waiting for bindings, UFOs, things look scattered. But I know what is where in which pile, so it’s organized enough for me for now.

The stocking is done. I pressed my final work, mistake… I had grabbed a polyester batting and we all know what happens when you press poly. It doesn’t look bad, but I’m not 100% happy with it. I am mailing it off for this Christmas, and then will make both boys new stockings later. I don’t have the fabric now, but fortunately Jena in Florida does, at her home in NY which she won’t get back to until March. But what counts is that Devin has a stocking this year, and he will. And both boys will get special matching stockings sometime next year, LONG before needed!

Now I have some draperies to hem. Not mine, favor to Mike and Kelly…. they better not be polyester, I’ve had quite enough of that today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge