Saturday, March 07, 2009

UFO Finish


Always a proud moment, finishing a quilt. This one hasn’t been a UFO (UnFinished Object) as long as some of them, but it’s still a finish.

This is one of my own patterns. A friend asked me to help her figure out a pattern, and I found it too confusing myself, plus it had a lot of bias edges in the cut pieces, so rewrote the directions for her. Then to “test” my directions, I made a block, then another, and then decided I liked it a lot.

I offered the pattern as a mystery project on a few Groups, and everyone enjoyed it. There are photos of some of the mystery quilts at http://delawarequilts.com/Relay/SimplySquares.html I myself have made six different Simply Squares quilts, but will admit this one is my favorite so far.
This pattern is for sale too, and as always, the money from all of my pattern sales goes to the American Cancer Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge