Friday, April 17, 2009

Frosty morning




I knew it was going to be a chilly morning, the weather man had warned us to bring in delicate plants. We only had one to bring in, everything else is planted in the garden and frost proof. However I wanted to get up bright and early and take some photos of the spring flowers with frost on them.

Well I did get up early, and there was a light frost, but darn if I could find one pretty frosty flower to photograph. The warmth of the sun had already taken away every single bit of frost on the flowers, which had their heads all facing that warm sunny glow.







Now, two bits of advice, when you go out to take early morning photos, first, take your camera with you. It wasn’t until I reached in my pocket that I realized the lump in my pocket was my cell phone and my camera was still sitting up here on the computer desk. And second, if it is frosty out, it most likely is cold, so wear more than just your sweatshirt. Sure it’s a heavy sweatshirt… but I needed more than that this morning… burrrrr.




On the left are apple blossoms!

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying everyone's flowers! None up here in the Poconos -- at least not where I am! B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a great eye, Marge.

    One oddball tip I can pass on about going outside for photo ops: I use the knee pads that I bought for gardening. I don't worry about getting cold/wet/muddy jeans when kneeling down for that perfect frost picture or a closeup of the one daffodil that is blooming so far.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge