Monday, April 06, 2009

Home from Retreat

What a great time I had at this year’s Spring Retreat. It was a gathering of October Retreaters, November Retreaters, some seasoned Spring Retreaters and even a few newbies. Everyone blended nicely, and a fun time was had by all. How do I know for sure? Everyone is signed up for next year, which tells me that they all had a great time too.
Of course the best part of the whole week for me was giving Joan her heart quilt. I had the housekeeper let me in her room before she arrived, and put it on her bed. When Joan and her roommate arrived they came to say hello in the conference room first, so I whispered to Laura what was ahead.



As I expected, Joan was overwhelmed with emotion as she looked at the quilt on her bed…



and when Laura said oh look at the other side,



emotions went wild… Joan had us all in tears with her joy.



This quilt was by far my most favorite project yet, and I doubt anything will top it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge