Wednesday, April 15, 2009

So what have I been up to?

A friend called me and asked what I’d been up to, since I’m not filling her in via my blog. I was amazed she was even reading my blog, as I am with most people who email or call me about it. I didn’t realize I had such a following, LOL!

No, I won’t be posting every day, which was my goal at one time. (A photo a day I think I said) Life is keeping me busy, and when it isn’t I’m trying to do some sewing. Exactly what I do every day I can’t say, because the days are so full it seems time is flying past.

Most mornings I start my day by checking email, which always seems to bring some work with it too. The work can range from a quilt block question to Relay For Life work. Sometimes that is time consuming, other times it’s an easy job. Sometimes people are asking me how to make a certain block, and I refer them to my BOM page.. if the block they want isn’t on there, I do it up for them as the next BOM. I get requests to change a Relay participant’s goals, which I like doing. Usually when I change a goal that means someone has reached their original one, so it’s a good thing, and it is an easy job.

Fundraisers keep me busy too, sometimes people just send me the information, and I have to fancy it up to make it interesting. If I just posted what they sent, no one would even look at it, so I add graphics and fancy text. Although I will admit, after five years of this, it’s easier every time I do a new one.

Mornings usually include a brief chat with an internet friend, sort of my morning coffee break. It’s a nice break in my morning. OK… I’ll admit it, sometimes it is how I start my morning, and sometimes I’ve been up for hours before she comes on line… but we live in two different time zones and worlds apart, but I sure miss our chats when we don’t have them.

Recently I’ve been looking for a place for another friend to move to. She is ready to give up her home of many years, and I’ve happily been looking for a new place for her. This is not an easy job in this area, especially since she didn’t want a house. If she’d wanted a house she would have had hundreds to pick from, maybe even thousands. The problem here is that it’s almost summer and most rentals are converting to summer rentals. Can’t say I blame them, summer rentals bring more money. A two bedroom apartment might rent for $900 a month year round, but take that same place, throw in some cheap second hand furniture, and you could get $1500 a week for the same place.

Hunting for an apartment/condo type place has sure made me appreciate my little home. I didn’t realize how much I disliked apartment living. I think it also made me fussier about what I was looking for. We found a cute place, conveniently located, quiet, and hopefully she will be happy there….

So I’ve been busy, and things aren’t going to slow down much. Relay is just around the corner, three bank nights and then the event, which means lots of data entry. At least I hope it does, because lots of data entry means lots of money for ACS to help fight cancer! And when Relay is over, we’ll be helping my friend move. And then it will be summer, and who knows what this summer will bring… no plans now, but I never make plans any more… they keep me too busy.

Here are my redbuds, getting ready to pop open.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge