Friday, April 24, 2009

I won an award…

Marge: I've awarded you the Friends Blog Award for your fun and interesting blog. And all your relay stuff, And the quilts, and the insight... Stop by http://institcheswithbonnie.blogspot.com/ to pick up a copy of the award. Bonnie


First, thank you Bonnie. That is an honor. The best things in life are friends, and I was surely blessed when you came into my cyber world. When I read your email this morning I “heard and saw” you saying it, now that I have a face and a voice to go with that cyber friend.

Second, I’m not sure I should accept this award. I never set out to win any prizes; I am not a competitive person. I set other more important goals in my life, winning prizes is not one of them. What a horrible world it would be if we were all out to be #1. Perhaps if people weren’t trying to hard to beat everyone else at what they were doing, life would be easier and nicer too.

But this isn’t that kind of award, so I will graciously accept it. I got this blog in November 2004 although I’m not real sure why. I was (past tense) one of those people who had to do what everyone else was doing on the internet so I got a blog. I couldn’t tell how it worked, so it sat until May 2005, when I started talking about my children.

I had no intention of anyone reading this blog, I was writing for myself only. So many people use blogs for so many different things. I have a web site full of “my things” so I wanted the blog to be just a little bit of everything, and that’s exactly what it’s become. I won’t share BOMs or patterns here, but I might talk about my quilting (or lack of). I have a family web page, but here I talk about daily things, which sometimes includes family and sometimes doesn’t. Here I can put down my private thoughts, so my friends who read this know what I am thinking… sometimes… other times they have no idea what the heck I am talking about, LOL!

I do read other blogs, although not as much as I used to. I check on friends’ blogs, and family members too. I read the blogs of friends I like keeping up with, and seeing what they are up to. I thought it would be easy to award the five I am obligated to award, that’s about all the blogs I’ve been reading lately.. but

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these kind writers.”

I tried to go back and see who started this award, but after more than an hour of blogging I reached a dead end. And surprisingly, most many of the blogs I read along the way I’d never visited before, and most were not quilt related either. I saw some darling children’s pictures, some beautiful scenery photos, some not-to-my taste “art” pictures, some wacky funny made me read the blog photos, and some very interesting video clips. I heard some lovely music, saw some interesting backgrounds, and viewed some things on blogs that I never even knew blogs could do.

So thank you Bonnie for this award, and although it may not be permitted, I am awarding it right back to you. Your blog is one I try to read every day, and it meets all of the requirements of the award, and more!

I am also sharing this with my friend Mama Koch who has shared part of her world with the www on her blog, OklaCookiemaker Quilts. I love reading about farm life and how closely our lives are, her boys and mine. I’ve enjoyed her photos and her thoughts.

Kim in Northern NJ should share this also, her blog is fun to read, her life interesting, and her joys similar to mine, family, quilting and finding the cure.

I choose to share this award with Shoshana at http://www.justjosmidden.blogspot.com/. Sometimes her blogs are opinionated and I don’t always agree with her opinion, but I like the way she writes, and through reading her, I’ve decided I like her a lot.

And I am going to pass this award to The Numismatist who is my next door neighbor on the Stashbuster Blog list. I’ve been peeking at her blog since we became neighbors, and enjoy her world, and feels she deserves this award.

Oh by the way Bonnie, thanks for giving me something to do the first two hours of my day…. Not that I had anything else to do….
finish Relay work
laundry
errands
other chores….

Instead I’ve been Blogging…

Oh well, it’s been fun, LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nod back, but forgive me if I don't find 5 more people to send this to! It took me several hours to come up with my list. I didn't want to give it to the "big" people of blogging, although many definitely deserve it, I was looking for the little people, like us. I don't have a huge readership although more and more are stopping by. I'm not 100% quilt related but that is more my focus. And, as you finally admitted this isn't really about competition.... it's because you are a friendly read in the middle of the web! Enjoy. and, isn't that sound of music vid interesting.... B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THank you so much Marge. I haven't been blogging since the day of the post you left the award on ( figures) but I blogged today and sent a link back. Hope you had a great Mother's Day and thanks again for the award.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge