Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Reads


I was excited when Jennifer Chiaverini’s  Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker came out, so far I have greatly enjoyed all of the books she has written.  However as I read the first few pages I had a feeling I’d read it before.  It didn’t take me long to realize that it was a kind of re-write of Elizabeth Keckley’s Behind the Scenes: Thirty Years a Slave and Four Years in the White House.  I tried hard to forget it was just a fictional version of the same book, but I just could not get into it.  The more I read the more disappointed I was. 

On a positive note I read The Window of Larkspur Inn by Lawana Blackwell and I absolutely loved it.  The story is great and so well written I could “see” the settings even though there were no pictures.  It’s a good clean romance with some ghostly excitement thrown in and was an easy and thoroughly enjoyable read. 

Now I need to decide which book to read next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge