Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Reads


I was excited when Jennifer Chiaverini’s  Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker came out, so far I have greatly enjoyed all of the books she has written.  However as I read the first few pages I had a feeling I’d read it before.  It didn’t take me long to realize that it was a kind of re-write of Elizabeth Keckley’s Behind the Scenes: Thirty Years a Slave and Four Years in the White House.  I tried hard to forget it was just a fictional version of the same book, but I just could not get into it.  The more I read the more disappointed I was. 

On a positive note I read The Window of Larkspur Inn by Lawana Blackwell and I absolutely loved it.  The story is great and so well written I could “see” the settings even though there were no pictures.  It’s a good clean romance with some ghostly excitement thrown in and was an easy and thoroughly enjoyable read. 

Now I need to decide which book to read next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge