Friday, January 25, 2013

Recovering

I am still around, slowly recovering from this dreaded cold/flu/bronchitis which has affected me most of the month.  As always, it takes time to get over it, a lot of time, and what a waste of time it is.  When I barely have enough energy to get out of bed, I know better than to even think of sewing… but lately I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about just that. 

I remember the last time I did sew… at the Fall Retreats.  I did a lot of sewing that month, four weeks straight of sewing, shopping, sewing and enjoying the company of all the retreaters.  I finished a charity quilt, started a new creation and then stopped work on it when something went wrong with it, started another quilt and finished it, and started yet another quilt and then came home.  When I got home I cleaned both machines used on retreat, put away all of my projects and supplies and….   Well that’s it, I have not sewn a stitch since then. 

That doesn’t mean I haven’t been doing quilting stuff though.  I have my projects for each month ready to go on line right through September.  I have some fun projects lined up for everyone to enjoy and more lined up to do.  I’ve done some shopping, on line since I’ve hardly left the house at all, picking up some supplies for projects and charity quilts I want to do this year.  And I’ve finished writing up three new mystery projects for the Mysteries For Relay group. 

But I’m anxious to get back to the machine, but I need to feel better first…. cough, sneeze, blow… 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon Marge. I am enjoying feeling good and having sometime at home to sew. All is well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge