Sunday, September 29, 2013

Relay For Life

On Friday night we ventured alllll the way south to Salisbury MD to the Shorebirds Stadium, otherwise called Arthur Perdue Stadium for the Wicomico Relay For Life. I felt unfilled at my first event this year and needed some more Relay Spirit and boy did I get it!   I felt that each person wanted to be there for the right reason, either to remember someone they had lost, honor someone who had beat cancer, or to fight back against it.
The survivors were duly recognized and walked a victory lap, followed by teams of caregivers, and then many many relayers. 






The luminaria ceremony was moving, although in the crowds of campsites and people they kind of got lost and it was hard to see them all at once, but boy did they light up the sky.  I saw some old friends, made many new friends and except for the cold enjoyed the evening.  I hated leaving, but my body couldn’t take anymore.  We will go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge