Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Less than two weeks

I should be hitting panic mode, less than two weeks to the first retreat and I’m not ready.  But I’m beyond that this year, I honestly don’t care what makes it up there and what stays home, I just want to get there. 

However, it would be best if I remembered a few necessities.  Clothes for one, can’t wear the same thing for three weeks straight and I know my roommates would appreciate my wearing PJs, especially Anne... (private joke) 

And I really should remember retreat necessities, the electrical cords, mats, rotary cutters, blades, rulers, irons.  And the ladies probably would like me to remember the pins and prizes too.  Can’t forget all of my things, sewing machines (one for me and one for other ladies), my sewing tool box and can’t forget to put in my Janome tools, some  scissors and thread, you won’t believe how many times I’ve forgotten thread!

BUT instead of getting ready, I want to put binding on just one more quilt, one of the retreat samples.  At least the machine part, then I can do the hand work up there.  Hey,  maybe I won’t need a machine… I have a pile of quilts that need hand work done!


PS Neck is getting better, it only reminds me of the recent injury when I turn a certain way which I try not to do. 

2 comments:

  1. I am going to retreat on Thursday. Last year my roommate brought every thing except her suitcase. She had stopped at a local store on the way and bought a new outfit so she could change clothes but we had to borrow nighties and other things from other attendees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say none of my ladies have forgotten their suitcases, but I did have one lady whose luggage didn’t make it to the airport the same time she did. She borrowed clothes for two days until Fed Ex delivered her suitcases to the hotel.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge