Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Another finish

When I updated the web site at the beginning of the month I realized I had not updated my UFO list since April, meaning I had not finished a quilt since then.  I started the year with 35 UFOs and one WIP.  The WIP is now a UFO and I’ve made 14 new quilts.  Two I am not counting on the UFO list as they will be donated as tops to Bob’s Blankie Brigade

Regardless, since I hadn’t finished any of the new quilts that meant my UFO number was going up instead of down and I had to do something about that!  So when I finished the special project I decided to do some bindings. 

Since my fingers don’t work well holding little things it had to be by machine.  I’d tried different techniques before and thought I had one down…. But … well the first quilt I did just wasn’t great.  I started on the front side and turned it over and finished on the back.  It’s OK, binding is secured all the way, but it wasn’t as perfect as I wanted.  So the second one I started on the back and finished on the front and it looked pretty darn good to me.  

I finished four smaller quilts and decided since I was on a roll I’d try a bigger one.  It’s done and the binding is pretty darn nice if I do say so myself.  I do prefer bindings finished by hand, but if the hands don’t work and mine won’t, I’m just going to have to settle on machine.  

Now on to something new!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge