Monday, October 27, 2008

Retreat time and no photos

Sorry, I forgot about the HD card and this silly old lap top not cooperating with each other, and can’t download any photos to share of the October Retreat. So everyone will just have to wait until I get home to see all the beautiful projects which were worked on and shown off.

I can tell you that we had a wonderful time, and got a lot of shopping and sewing done. Some ladies went out shopping almost every day; actually most everyone BUT me went shopping every day now that I think of it. You know how it is, one person finds a sale and comes back and reports in, and then everyone has to go out and see what they can find. I know my retreaters were kind to the Pennsylvania economy.

There were two newcomers this retreat, and for some reason even before I met them face to face I knew they would fit in just fine…. Something in their emails made me think they were a perfect fit for this group, most who have been retreating together for four or five years now. And the newcomers did fit right in, and will be coming back again, which pretty much fills up this retreat for as long as everyone wants to come.

The rest of the ladies have been coming a while… and all this retreating makes us like family. We love catching up on each other’s doings, hearing about family and family adventures. We all know to expect beautiful show and tell from each other. We know to expect lots of laughs and giggles, and some very special moments every year.

Someone asked me if I ever got tired of doing these retreats. I replied that when I get tired of it, and when they aren’t any fun any more, there won’t be any more retreats. However, I have a feeling that as long as this group wants to retreat together we will, it was not a lot of work, and it was a whole bunch of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Everyone!
    I'm Cathie one of the newbies at the October retreat and I have to say I had a wonderful time! Everyone was so welcoming and friendly that by the time I left I felt like I've been a part of the group for a long time. I can't wait for next year's retreat!
    Thanks you!

    Cathie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge