Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hoarding and coupons

Am I the only one who thinks it’s strange that the same channel has two shows back to back, Hoarding, Buried Alive and Extreme Couponing? I understand hoarding, my father was a hoarder.

Couponing bothers me to extreme…. Do they not know about expiration dates? Why does a mother of one child spend buy $1000 worth of groceries a week? Yes, I know she only paid $19.95 or whatever… but does she not realize that 3/4 of what she bought has an expiration date and she will never be able to use it.

In MY opinion Extreme Couponing comes first, leading up to Hoarding.
Now I know why I don’t watch TV!

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I have a hard time watching those shows. There is no way they can eat all that food before it expires and one only needs so much toilet paper. I'm all for coupons but I only use the ones I will need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought...those people should drive at least half that stuff to the food bank or shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some couponers donate a lot of the stuff they get. One of the women I work with is big on coupon deals. One of her friends said she brings in people in their community who need help and lets them shop in her supply closet.

    I'm not a super coupon user but I have gotten things in the past that I had no use for and donated to various drives at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, that show raised more questions than it answered. The one lady bought 95 bags of croutons...I figure it would take my family at least 10 years to eat those, you really want to eat 10 yr old croutons? ugh! I pity the poor person who shops after her and needs a bag of croutons, the shelf was bare.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge