Monday, January 06, 2014

60?

When I got up around 7:30 this morning my outdoor thermometer read 60.  I thought it was wrong so I checked the weather channel.  It said that my local temperature was 62.  I knew it was going to start off warm today, but not that warm. 

I thought about the kids who headed off to school today.. if that had been me I probably would have tossed my heavy coat back in the house and grabbed a lighter jacket.  I didn’t check weather, what it was was all I was concerned about.  How things have changed.  Now we know and I sure hope all those school kids knew that temperatures would drop drastically today.  It’s down to 42 here already, and they say our low tonight will be around 10…

I was going to run an errand today since it was so “nice” out.  Then the rain came…. It poured buckets.  I decided I would stay home and start a new project. 

I went into the sewing room a.k.a. office and looked around for the fabric I wanted to use.  It was in the tote bag I had put it in when I brought it home from retreat in November.  I knew if I opened that tote I might not get to sewing.. there was other fabric in there that needed to be taken care of. 

But I opened it anyway, it had to be done sooner or later.  I pulled out all the strips and scraps all the ladies gave me (THANKS EVERYONE) for my scrappy log cabin.  I pulled out the black and white strips Carol gave me (THANKS Carol) for my black and white project.  I pulled out a green fabric, 2 1/4 yards, hmmm what was that for?  Found my Baby Disappearing 4-patch and the backing fabric I bought for it, maybe I should work on that?  The three Christmas wall hangings need finishing too.  And on the bottom of the tote was the fabric I thought I’d use first…  thought maybe I’d start a new project… but…

2 comments:

  1. So funny....same thing happens to me so often. Now decision time again. Work on the old; or start new? What will it be Marge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to make a sample for the upcoming mystery, all I had was one block. So it was new, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge