Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Flowers in my garden

Let me start by saying that I am NOT a gardener.   Not even close to one anymore thanks to arthritis.  I don’t have the strength in my hands to pull weeds or dig things up or pretty much anything.  (There are days I can’t type too but I can’t always blame the fingers for that!)

But we have a lovely garden occasionally mostly thanks to many people who have shared with us.  Today while I was out getting my 15 minutes of sunshine I snapped these photos of flowers currently blooming. 


The Columbine came to me from a friend in Tennessee.  She sent me an envelope of seeds and told me to spread them around the yard where they could grow.  I have them in the shade, in the sun, under trees (like these in the crepe myrtle) and almost everywhere.  Every year they produce more seeds which I spread around with hopes of more flowers and they rarely fail to grow. 


And these yellow Iris came from a local friend.  They were trying to get rid of some of their Iris and I said I’d gladly take some.  I came home from grocery shopping one day to find five large boxes of Iris tubers to plant.  Not knowing what colors I had, I just planted them and waited for them to bloom.  I have a rainbow of colors that keep on blooming year after year.  Yellow is always the first to bloom.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge