Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sharing a favorite recipe

Since I'll be making this today, one less thing to cook tomorrow, I'm sharing this family favorite recipe with you. 

Sweet Potato with Coconut
Serves 10 – 12 (Can be halved easily)
4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup white sugar
1 stick butter or margarine
½ cup milk (or orange juice)
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup coconut
2 eggs slightly beaten

Topping:
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup nuts (I use pecans)
¼ cup flour
Mix thoroughly, (I blend in food processor.)
1 stick margarine or butter

Heat sweet potatoes, sugar, one stick butter and ½ cup of milk in saucepan.  Add eggs, vanilla and coconut.  Mix thoroughly.  Pour into 13 X 9 inch baking dish. 

Top with topping.  Slice stick of butter over topping, and bake at 350º until brown, about 15 - 20 minutes.
Enjoy, I know my family certainly will.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge