Sunday, November 20, 2011

To the rescue!

This morning a hero came into our house and within ten minutes had our electrical problem solved.   Yes, ten minutes.  John worked on that problem off and on for two months… and it was fixed in ten minutes.  We tried to give our hero a check for his troubles, since we would have had to pay to get fixed if he hadn’t helped us, but he wouldn’t take it.  He refused to take it, even when I threatened to send it to his wife.  He said that’s what family is for, helping each other. 

Hearing that from a family member was strange for me… very strange.  That on top of the recent “reunion” at the retreat has given me a new look on family, that part of the family anyway.  I’ve not had a warm “family” feeling in years and finally the family glow is returning. 

Well.... not completely, but at least we know that not all the family hates us anymore. 

And yes, I am mailing the check and I sure hope she cashes it, or else I will have to try something drastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge