Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Another funny call

Ring Ring , I answered it, it was a local call.  Woman’s voice says “Hi Jen, you won’t believe this” and I interrupt and say you have the wrong number.  “Oh sorry” and hung up. 

Ring Ring again, same number, I answer and say wrong number, she says sorry and hangs up again. 

Ring Ring yet again, and I answer and say I really am sorry but you have the wrong number.  She says she can’t possibly be calling the wrong number because she’s hitting redial…. I hung up. 

She didn’t call back, so I guess she figured it out… I hope she got as good a giggle as I did. 

In the meantime I’ve been sewing, after unsuccessfully piecing a backing… cutting wrong not once but twice.  15 and 15 do not equal 37 1/2 even if you add 2 1/2 inches to it.  I know, I tried, twice.  When I finally got the backing right I put it together with the front and sewed… all the way around… and forgot to leave a space to turn it right side out.

And at the same time all that was happening, I was printing patterns for the fall retreats.  100 copies of 14 pages.  I think I wore the printer out.  First it started rejecting my paper, saying the wrong paper was detected.  Same paper I have always used and it never thought it was wrong before.  Then it started printing in B&W.  I checked the settings, they say to print in color, printed a test page, it was in color, printed the pattern page, it was in B&W.  Checked it all again, looked OK, B&W again.  So I changed the ink cartridges, new color and new black, and printed a test page, it was in color, printed the pattern page… B&W… 

I’m going to take a long nap, wake me up when it’s over.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge