Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday

I’m being ignored again today. Nothing is being heard, and I am totally out of touch with this person I am taking care of. This morning things seemed fine, we went shopping for some things we needed, and she seemed ok with that. Then we got to the check out, and although I know she has money in her purse, she didn’t think she had enough to pay her bill… so I put it on my charge card.

On the way home she wanted to stop at the bank, but I suggested she check her purse again, and sure enough she found her money. “OK” she said, “so we don’t have to stop at the bank.” When we got home we put away the groceries etc, and she went into her room, which has become her hiding place. At 11 she wanted to leave for a 12:30 appointment which was five minutes away. I told her it was a bit early to leave, and back in her room she went.

While filling out forms at her appointment she didn’t know her address, and told the clerk at the desk I didn’t tell her where she lived, and that she didn’t have any emergency contacts. Once she went in to her appointment, I told the clerk what was up, and she was sympathetic, and we looked over the papers again to see what else she had left off the form. Good thing we did, she had said she wasn’t on any meds, and she is. Plus she said she was allergic to penicillin which we never knew. This prompted them to call her Doctor in NY, and he gave them a whole list of stuff she was allergic to. She most likely didn’t know any of this… and I learned that I have a LOT to learn.

John is coming over here tonight, and I am going home. I’d rather be spending the night with my husband, but just to get away for one night will be nice…. But it will make it harder for me to come back too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge