Monday, September 07, 2009

Blog Mystery Post 1

Are you ready for my first ever blog mystery?

I’ve been doing quilting mysteries for years; the first one was in 1985. Most recently I do mysteries in exchange for donations to my Relay fundraising efforts on the Mysteries For Relay Yahoo Group. I hope you enjoy this mystery.

Fabric Recommendations

You will need three “colors” or three fabrics, depending on which version you are making. Yes, even if you go scrappy you may want to use just the recommended three “colors”. And those three “colors” are a light, a medium and a dark.
Close doesn’t work, you want true contrast, a very light, a medium and a very dark.

For this one you may use scraps if you’d like, this design makes for a nice controlled scrappy quilt. If you chose to go scrappy, I suggest that you make your colors all the same. Example, use all white-on-whites for your lights, all medium greens for your medium, and all dark blues for your *darks. (That is for scrappy only! If you are going non-scrappy you may use the same color for your medium and dark, AS LONG AS THEY HAVE HIGH CONTRAST!)
*And as one further suggestion, my personal preference is to use all the same fabric for my dark. You may use more than one if you want, but I like having the uniform look for the dark.


Comments and questions welcomed, the more the merrier and they also up your chances on that box of fabric!

This pattern can be used for personal use only and can not be used commercially without the owner's permission. No copies may be made without the owner's permission. This includes the patterns as well as any graphics and/or instructions that are associated with a pattern.
Delaware Quilts Blogspot Mystery #1 Post 1 © Delaware Quilts September 2009

4 comments:

  1. this sounds like fun! I'm gonna use some of my Christmas fabrics i think. White, red and Dk Green. I see color reccommendations but not amounts or approx finished size...or is it going to be THAT mysterious? Can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this marge.... I'm going to try the other again. Hey, don't you want to share the name of the fabric give away? I won one of the first I entered and haven't won since. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... name my fabric give away... I didn't know they needed names... how about George?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodie, a mystery to keep me busy while waiting for the next Mysteries For Relay!! (like I need something to keep me busy, HA!) Thanks Marge, this should be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge