Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mystery weekend

There is a new mystery coming up on Mysteries For Relay this weekend, another one of my made up patterns and designs I’m giving to some special friends on the group. Yes, they are my friends, anyone who supports me time and time again like they have, what else would I call them.

(The majority of the ladies on the group I have never met in person, and yet for some reason they have stuck with my fundraising and mysteries for over a year now, and some of them have even made the quilts too. I’m very thankful for each and every one of them, and hope I can continue to come up with new designs for them to make. I owe them many thanks for all their generous donations!)

This mystery is a little different… it started out to be one thing, and ended up totally different. I had the pattern partially written this spring. I took what was written to the Spring Retreat, and worked on the blocks there. However, because there were a few mystery group members there, I didn’t take the directions into the conference room with me, but worked on the blocks without them.

And we all know what happens when you don’t follow directions, we make mistakes. I had these odd pieces that didn’t go together right and rather than checking the directions… I put them together the way I thought they should go. Turned out that was wrong, totally wrong. However when I put those booboo blocks together, I saw a different pattern than I had originally seen, and wow… I sort of liked what I was seeing. There was one unit which needed some fixing but otherwise my booboo had become a whole new design. I scrapped the original pattern and went with the tweaked booboo. I have a finished wall hanging, one of the testers has a finished twin. She loved the pattern.

I’ll share a photo of my mystery as soon as the group finishes, and maybe by then Molly will have sent me a photo of her twin… hint hint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge